IPTV: The Marriage of Broadcast and Broadband
Service providers are looking for ways to join in on the accelerating IPTV trend in all market sectors: cable, terrestrial and satellite. However, creating solutions quickly takes some unique development on both the hardware and software side.
Join us for this free webinar – brought to you by telecoms.com in association with Sigma Designs and Oregan – as James Middleton, Managing Editor at Telecoms.com sets the scene by outlining the business opportunity presented to service providers as IPTV services are set to double over the next 5 years.
During this webinar hear about Sigma Design’s long-time leadership in IPTV and how they can facilitate service providers getting to market quickly by partnering with the strong middleware providers such as Oregan’s Onyx browser. Learn how TV service providers and manufacturers can be empowered with the tools to create service differentiation and new revenue models – through innovative apps and increased viewer engagement.
Key areas to be addressed during this webinar will include:
- Changes in chip architecture to support hybrid implementation
- How software for broadcast differs from broadband
- Addressing the media processor challenges: Container support, Browser support, User Interface and User Experience
- Integrating web video channels and aps for service providers
- Full toolkit for operators to pick and choose from
- How to take OTT and blend seamlessly with broadcast content