Robust Enterprise Grade WebRTC Systems and Services
The emerging WebRTC standard has become one of the industry’s hottest topics – and with good reason. Being able to “communications enable the web” has Communications Service Providers as well as Enterprises busily making plans for deployment. But, as these plans unfold, reality is starting to intrude on those plans. Our expectations of telephony services are much higher than web browsing. We expect the phone to connect instantly, operate with minimal disruption, and work seamless across any network, anywhere, at any time. There is also an understanding that phone service is inherently secure. With WebRTC, the expectation is for these applications to behave in the same manner.
This session looks at the user experience and expectations of a WebRTC Enterprise service. It will also cover how a WebRTC enterprise handles security, reliability, and interoperability within browsers and networks.
Attendees will learn how WebRTC Enterprise Services enables:
- Dealing with browser nuances such as reloading a page, network timeouts, firewall settings, intermittent network connectivity, loss of coverage, or crashes
- Redundant, high available architecture for carrier grade reliability and security
- Rapid client development with authentication, session and connection management, Including server synchronization and browser mediation
- Extensible WebRTC to SIP/IMS signaling with media to VoIP interworking
- Secure authentication through IP standards
- Comprehensive border security to prevent overloading or Denial of Service