Re-farming spectrum is the key to sustaining mobile network investment
AIRCOM International stresses why spectrum re-farming must play a key role in enabling cost effective LTE network migration. AIRCOM calculates that by re-using existing 2G and 3G spectrum for LTE, operators can make significant cost savings, extend the lifespan of existing spectrum assets for another three years, and reduce the amount of additional spectrum they require by up to a third. While significant, these benefits can only be realised if operators follow a careful planning process to minimise service degradation for existing 2G and 3G services.
This webinar will prescribe optimal solutions for spectrum re-farming that will ensure that operators can seamlessly migrate across to LTE.
Key Points to be addressed during this webinar include:
- Benefits of re-farming your spectrum
- Operator savings for current and future technology roll outs ie: LTE, LTE advanced
- Proven operator case study
- Driving spectrum efficiency to speed up LTE deployment
- A more measured approach to the new spectrum acquisition
- Analysis of indicative fees paid for LTE spectrum