Ultimate Network Defence: Fighting the Rising Tide of SMS Spam
Mobile Spam is on the rise, and unfortunately so is the complexity of the content. From annoying marketing scams to malicious malware attacks, networks worldwide are increasingly under threat from SMS abuse. With the world’s largest mobile messaging service, SMS, a prime target, and an ever-growing number of OTT messaging services appearing – what is the future for mobile messaging and what needs to be done to secure our most trusted messaging medium, SMS?
During this unique webinar, Ciaran Bradley, VP of Handset Security, AdaptiveMobile, will showcase the very latest mobile threats including:
- - URL links that trick the subscriber into downloading and installing Malware, Spambots or Denial of Service attacks
- - Apps that send premium rate messages without the subscriber’s knowledge
- - Phishing messages to try and capture the subscriber’s personal details
- - Messages tempting subscribers to sign up for costly services – without the subscriber realising the real cost involved
- - Fraudulent alerts and marketing scams to trick the subscriber into dialling premium rate numbers
As well as highlighting the most current and potentially damaging threats facing the operator community today, Ciaran will discuss the very latest in SMS network protection – including state of the art reporting mechanisms for the consumer community.
Brand new research on consumer SMS Spam experiences, including insights on how they would like SMS Spam reported and the impact it has on their mobile experience will also be unveiled for the first time as part of this webinar.
We hope you can join us for this informative and one-off event.
All registrants will receive an email invitation post webinar to download a copy of the research report including key findings discussed on the webinar.Tags; Adaptive Mobile, Archive, Featured, OTT Messaging, SMS Spam, telecoms.com